Saturday, October 2, 2010

Well here we go!

Ive been itching to learn a little bit more about this whole blogging phenomena, and figured the easiest way would be to start my own blog.

Since my early retirement, I've been able to concentrate on the things that really bring enjoyment, Strangely enough many of those things seem to emanate from my kitchen. 

Today, in honor of my first blog entry I'll be making a nice big paella for some dear friends.  I've been wanting to do this for awhile, but paella is one dish that requires specific ingredients. Bomba rice, for example.....no other rice will truly create a paella like the ones eaten in Spain. Also the paellera (pictured above) is a crucial element.

I'm planning a traditional paella, with chicken, chorizo, shrimp, littleneck clams and mussels. It will be interesting to see whether or not I fall on my face. 

I will update as the event transpires.

No comments:

Post a Comment